Background and Introduction
Medical Travel Media Awards (MTMA) 2021 is an event that recognises and rewards excellence in journalism for both local and international media practitioners as well as influencers who have contributed to the promotion of medical travel in Malaysia.
This year, there are four highly competitive main categories – Best Print, Online, Broadcast Feature, and Influencer category, don’t miss your chance to participate now and stand a chance to win cash prizes worth up to RM100,000!
Finalists and winners will be celebrated at Medical Travel Media Awards 2021 on 9 December 2021!
Stay tuned for more details.
Follow our Facebook www.facebook.com/MyMTMA/ for more updates!
Awards Methodology and Judging Process
There are different methodologies Malaysia Healthcare follows to select the winners for each category.
The requirements for each category are below:
A feature or series of related features delivered on print, online, broadcasting and social media platform that:
Presented to the journalist who has provided the most timely, accurate and original news reporting on Malaysia’s medical travel industry (across print, online and broadcast).
Awarded to the editorial team that has provided the most insightful analysis of all aspects of medical travel (Malaysia and internationally).
MTMA Entry Guidelines
8 October 2021
Judging CriteriaThe awards will be evaluated based on the following five key areas:
- Quality of Research
- Quality of Technique/ Presentations
- Content/ Headlines
- Digital/ Social Presence/ Shareability
- Print/ Online Media: minimum of 1,500 words in length
- Broadcast Media: minimum of 1 minute in length
- Professional journalists and writers, and media agencies who are permanently and/or contractually, employed by print, electronic and online media organisations globally. Full time journalists working for wires agency are also eligible to participate by virtue of their role as news providers to media organisations.
- Freelancers and stringers/part-timers, and media practitioners are welcomed to participate with the prior approval from the editor/news agency where the report was published or broadcasted.
- Freelancers and stringers/part-timers, media practitioners not attached to any news agency, and influencers are welcomed to participate under the Best Medical Travel Influencer category.
- Professional journalists/writers, Freelancers, stringers/part-timers, media practitioners and influencers in institutions contracted by MHTC and/or those affiliated with the MTMA Secretariat are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate.
- All submissions must be in English. Entries in other languages must be submitted together with an official translation in English.
- All submissions must be made strictly on the MTMA Entry Form and contain full contact details of the entrant, including, passport-sized photograph, official work address, telephone and e-mail. Entries must reach the secretariat before 5 p.m. on 8 October 2021.