The International Society for Stem Cell Research cautions that stem cell medical tourism may be faulty, according to International Medical Travel Journal.
Here are five insights:
- The updated stem cells research guidelines emphasize the importance of protecting patients.
- ISSCR believes some in the industry are marketing unproven stem cell therapies to patients.
- The society's guidelines are designed to ensure stem cell research is conducted scientifically and ethically.
- ISSCR noted unregulated clinics in some countries may promote stem cell-based therapies that have no scientific backing.
- The guidelines also emphasize researchers should not hype study results to the media, as the field is still rapidly advancing.
Source: Becker’s Spine Review