As the nation progresses from pandemic to endemic, it’s important for everyone to get vaccinated so that no one gets left behind.
Here, we share some facts on the COVID-19 vaccines and why you need to get vaccinated:
COVID-19 vaccines are safe
- There are strict protections in place to help ensure the safety of all COVID-19 vaccines, for both adults and adolescents over 12 years old.
- This includes going through rigorous clinical testing to meet internationally agreed benchmarks for safety and efficacy.
COVID-19 may have side effects
- Getting vaccinated means that the vaccine works with your immune system to fight the virus when your body is exposed to it.
- It is normal to have some side effects as your body builds protection, but they should go away in a few days. Some people may not have any side effects at all after being vaccinated.
COVID-19 vaccines do not give you the COVID-19 virus
- Depending on the vaccine, it will take a few weeks for your body to build immunity after getting a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Getting vaccinated will help prevent you from getting seriously ill from COVID-19
- It is said that adults aged 65 years and older, are 94% less likely to be hospitalised with the COVID-19 virus as compared to those who aren’t vaccinated.
To keep our community safe, stay informed, because #TheEndStartsWithYou